Monday, June 29, 2009

The newest Mommy-to-be!

Yes, you read it right. I am now officially a mommy-to-be. It was quite surprising actually, because this happened all on its own, and at a bit of a weird time. We found out the day before our 5-year wedding anniversary (on April 30) that we were expecting. I was having a lot of pain and called the doctor because I thought I had a cyst. He did an ultrasound and discovered the pregnancy sac, ran a PG test (which was positive, of course), took bloodwork, and gave me my first little picture of my little miracle baby.

The next few weeks were full of blood work appointments every two days, as my progesterone and HCG levels were not rising normally. After being put on progesterone pills, that level normalled out, but my hcg still didn't double every 48 hours. At 7 weeks, I had an ultrasound appointment to confirm the pregnancy, and lo-and-behold, we had a beautiful baby with a beating heart (162 was the rate). Joy and elation swept over me, though I knew in my heart everything was okay- it was just a bumpy, scary few weeks. I went back to the doctor June 16 for my first big appointment and had everything done that I needed- and I heard my precious baby's heart beat yet again (171 this time!).

Today, I am 13 weeks, 3 days. On Friday, I will be officially out of my first trimester. What a special feeling!

Over the past 2 months, I have had a hard time, off and on, eating, and have lost about 17 lbs. I feel the stretching and pulling pains, and my boobs (sorry to the guys reading this) have been sore, but other than that, I feel fantastic. I have bought a pregnancy journal and have been recording each week the things I'm feeling and going through, and some of my cravings, etc. I just could not be happier as a pregnant woman, though I do complain of the inability to eat some.

I find out in August what we are having, but of course, I'm hoping for a girl, and Chris is hoping for a boy. The names we have picked:
Boy- Bryson William Keith (William, after Chris's middle name)
Girl- Kylie Brielle Keith

What an exciting time!