Tuesday, March 18, 2008

An urgent need for someone

Today, a million things seem to be going through my head at once. A family friend who is the young mother of a 9 month old girl, just found out she is pregnant. She is single, and she has very little money. She does well with what she has, and she has a lot of help from my sister-in-law (who serves as her only family). She just recently found out she was pregnant again (no father in the picture, for either child). Today, she went to the doctor and found out she has a condition (not sure of the name of it right now) that could possibly kill her and the unborn baby. The condition is so serious, that she is going to a lawyer to put me and Chris as the guardians of Jaycee and the unborn child (if the child makes it). I am overwhelmed right now. Jaycee is a beautiful, bright-eyed little girl, full of life and energy. I would love to welcome her to my home if necessary, but I feel so terrible for the mom. I mean... to know that she could lose her life from this condition. I am trying to look on the positive side, but even she isn't very hopeful right now that she will make it through this. I am just a little ... well taken aback that she asked for us to parent her child/ren. Honored... but I hope that she is here to raise her children herself, as she deserves to have these children and care for them and love them.

Oh geez.... what a situation... please pray for her and her family!

And of course, all I can think about... what do I need to be ready for? Do I have the furniture and items to care for this baby? Will I be able to take care of her the way she needs? Lord, I'm going to lose my mind already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!! That is a lot to deal with! Even though I dont know her I will keep her in my prayers. I hope she (and the unborn child) pulls through this. You and Chris must mean alot to her for her to will the child/ren to you. I know how badly you want a child (as do I) but under those circumstances I can see how stressed you are beginning to feel. I am here if you want to talk.

Amanda